Software production at the lowest possible cost with a minimum span of time and best in quality is the goal of any software development company. Appropriate planning and administration of the development process along with desired software methodology are important to achieve the aim. Software development methodologies play a crucial role in the software development life cycle. Nowadays you can see numerous methodologies having different ways to attain the wanted result at an efficient cost and fast delivery time. So, if you are exploring the software development companies in Florida, feel free to contact us! We offer the best results as per your project requirement with a smooth software development process.
The software development methodology is a framework. It is utilized to structure, design, and handle the technique of building an information system. However, these methodologies have their own advantages and disadvantages associated with them as well.
In this article, we flash the spotlight on popular software development methodologies and their associated advantages:
The waterfall model is the most traditional and constantly used software development model. In this classic style of software development, we use a linear sequential flow. It means each phase in the development cycle will begin only after the completion of the previous phase. There is no way to go back to the previous phase to make the changes as per the new requirement.
- It is beneficial for the beginner because of its simplicity and easily understandable way.
- It saves a significant amount of time. In this methodology, each phase is processed and completed once in a time.
- This methodology is quite beneficial for smaller projects. Because in these projects the requirements are clear.
- Software testing using the waterfall model is easier.
- It is easily manageable because of the rigidity of the model.
Agile Software Development Methodology
Agile software development methodology divides the complete project into iterations. Each iteration lasts from one week to one month. It is a disciplined way of the software development methodologies. In this model, some frequent alterations are possible.
- An adaptive approach of software development in which changes are possible as per the ever-changing demands of the client.
- Direct communication among both parties and constant feedback from the client’s end leaves no scope of guesswork in the complete process.
Rapid Application Development (RAD)
Rapid application development is designed to deliver the greatest advantage in software development. It also accelerates the complete software development process to provide premium-quality results to the user.
- In this model, the risk and effort of the software developers are reduced.
- It also helps the client’s to have a quick review of their project.
- Customer feedback is encouraged that helps in project improvement.
Dynamic Systems Development Model
The dynamic system development model is originally based on rapid application development (RAD). Also, it relies on the philosophy that nothing is built perfectly in the first attempt. So, there is always room for improvement. This is an iterative and incremental approach to software development in which the continuous involvement of the user is present.
- Higher user involvement helps in making instant modifications initially.
- Easy access is provided to the end-users by developers.
- More accurate delivery time and budgeting are possible in this approach.
- Basic functionality is delivered fast, and other functionalities in intervals.
In the prototype method, before developing the original software, the developers produce the prototype of the actual product. And demonstrate it to the client. Early modification is possible in this model.
- The client knows the complete functionality and feels of the software in the early stages.
- This method reduces the risk of failure because early identification of potential risks is there.
- It helps in requirement gathering and analysis where there is no requirement document.
- It boosts the interaction between the development team and the client.
A refined approach that concentrates on early identification and removal of risk is the spiral model. In this technique, developers start on a small scale. Then explore the potential risk factors involved and prepare a plan on how to handle those risks. Finally, they decide whether to take the next step on the spiral or not.
- It is a reliable and knowledgeable way to project management.
- It is suitable for big and critical projects.
- Reduce risk possibility due to its risk management plan.
- There is always a scope of adding additional functionality at a later time.
Extreme Programming Methodology
Extreme programming methodologies (XP methodology) is an agile methodology. It works within a very unstable environment. The main objective of this model is to reduce the cost of software requirements as the price of changing requirements in the later stages is quite high.
- Its emphasis is on customer involvement.
- This model works just like the latest development methods & deliver a quality product.
Lean Development Methodology
The objective of lean development methodology is to build the software in just one-third of the time utilized in any other agile methodology, with a limited budget. It is basically focused on crafting smoothly changeable software.
- Early delivery of the project is a definite advantage.
- Early risk elimination not only speed up the entire process of software development but also reduces the project cost.
Scrum Development Methodology
Any project can use scrum development methodology. The scrum development environment starts with concise planning, a meeting with a conclusive review. Speedy development with a sequence of iterations to generate a final product.
- In this process, decision-making is completely in the hands of the team.
- It is a lightly managed and completely visible development method.
- A daily stand-up meeting is helpful for developers to measure the individual’s productivity.
Rational Unified Process Methodology
Rational unified process methodology (RUP) is a modern way of software development. Its four distinct phases are modeling, analysis and design, implementation, testing, and deployment. It is an object-oriented and web-enabled software development methodology.
- Accurate documentation is there in this methodology.
- The required final integration is very less.
- It is proactively able to eliminate the risks involved in the project.
The above-mentioned software development methodologies are important depending upon the project’s nature. Also, as we have mentioned earlier, each of them has its own pros and cons. Therefore, as a software developer, you need to know about every software development methodology in detail so that you can pick the best one depending upon the project.
Contact decoro soft solution (Software development company Florida) for your next project!