The impressive mobility of smartphones is unprecedented in entire human history. No other single gadget allows users to do so much more in a pocket-sized version. Smartphone users are expected to grow to an astonishing 7 billion by 2021, according to Statista. Smartphone apps are also growing at a noticeable rate. According to Comscore, mobile apps account for 57% of mobile users worldwide. By 2022, Appanie forecasts mobile app downloads to reach 258 billion. The same report expects the global app store consumer spending to boost over 90% and reach US$ 157 billion.
The above-listed stats prove the immense potential that mobile apps have in terms of promotion and profit for small and large businesses alike. Mobile apps have become an effective tool to grow your business in an efficient way. Not everyone is aware of the process of mobile development though.
If you are a business owner who wants to know more about mobile apps or somebody who is curious to know how the mobile app development process works, then this article is for you.
6 Stages of the Mobile App Development Process
Let’s check out the details of the six main stages of the mobile app development technique. After this, you will be able to ensure that your business mobile app is designed and developed up to standards.
Some of the factors that help create a strategy for a successful mobile app are:
- Identifying end users
- Studying the competition
- Creating targets and aims for the app
- Selecting the ideal platform for your mobile app
Mobile app development normally costs anywhere from US$ 150,000 to US$ 200,000 and may take 4 to 6 months to be ready. Your app development strategy should create a clear goal for your app’s main objectives.
Once your strategy is ready, it is time to go to the next stage of the mobile app development process.
2. Analyzing and Planning
The second stage in developing a mobile app involves analysis and planning. In this, you need to identify real-life use cases and highlight the functions of the app in detail. In addition, you need to prioritize the requirements of your mobile app and classify them by delivery phases accordingly. You can create a more feasible and effective production strategy once you have determined your app requirements.
The planning stage also involves distinguishing the platform of launch for your mobile app, such as iOS, Android, etc. Last, but not least, the planning stage also requires you to choose an apt name for your mobile app. Make sure to select a unique and best-suited app name.
3. Designing UI/UX
- Once the analysis helps in identifying priority features, functions, and objectives of your mobile app, you can move to the third stage of the mobile app development process.
- The success of any mobile app depends on the level of ease and efficiency of use it provides to the end-users. Users should find its features and layouts helpful and easy to navigate. Thus, creating an effective UI/UX design is a vital stage in app development.
- The UI/UX experience of mobile app users depends on its ease of interaction and intuitiveness. A user-friendly app layout helps to provide information to users in a streamlined flow.
4. App Developing
This stage of the mobile app development process requires intense planning. Some of the major aspects that require planning for developing mobile apps are:
- Defining technical layout
- Choosing a platform and technology
- Identifying goals for app development
There are three main ingredients in the mobile app development stages, namely:
- Back-end / Server Technology – Databases, server-side hardware, supporting functions, etc for mobile apps.
- Application Programming Interface (API) – Communication between the app and the back-end server or database.
- Mobile App Front-end – The part of the mobile app that the user will download.
Quality assurance (QA) testing is essential to ensure that mobile apps are easy, fast, and safe to use. Top-quality mobile apps require creating test cases that involve numerous aspects of app testing.
Make sure that your app developer performs app tests for the below-mentioned aspects:
- Functional testing
- User experience testing
- Security testing
- Performance testing
- Platform & Device testing
6. Deploying & Support
You will need to create a developer account on Google Play Store and Apple App Store to launch your mobile app on the popular platforms.
These are the app’s metadata details that you need to include when uploading it to the app store:
- App Store Screenshots
- Launch icon
This is the last stage of the mobile app development process.
If you have followed these six stages carefully, then you can be confident of the popularity of your mobile app. Always make sure to choose the most experienced and leading mobile app developers for a successful mobile app.